Hearing the word mold is enough to make a person cower. Mold spores escalate easily and can’t be completely eliminated.
Molds can grow anywhere like on the carpet, clothing, food, paper and even on drywall. Mold is a difficult problem to solve and is very costly to fix and can also produce irritants and allergens to sensitive people that can put their health at risk. The emergence of mold and mildew is a common happening in damp places. The kitchen and bathroom supply the perfect growing environment for mold and mildew. It is very difficult to eliminate once these problems start to arise. You can save a lot of trouble by preventing mold and mildew in the first place and prevent health problems at the same time.
The question is, what can you do if you are concerned about mold growing in your humble abode? The best perspective is avoiding mold before it becomes a sticky situation. Moisture control is the key to prevent mold.
The following are ways to restrain moisture indoors and the mold that grows in it.
- Use a garbage can that holds about a day’s worth of garbage and to prevent mold growth. Garbage is moist and has organic material where mold and mildew can grow.
- Always keep your compost container covered and empty it every day. Compost buckets are one of the worst sources of mold.
- Make sure that wet areas are always being dried. Remember that molds can’t grow without moisture, so keep wet areas dry right away. Everyday circumstances need attention: do not leave wet items lying around the house, and keep the floor and walls dry after every shower. When it comes to laundry, do not leave your wet clothes inside the washing machine where mold can spread quickly. Hang them to dry, much better outside or in areas with good air circulation.
- Improve air flow in your home. The air is able to hold less moisture as the temperature drops. If there is no good air flow inside your home, excess moisture will likely appear on your walls, windows and floors. Open doors so that fresh air will come in and reduce moisture to keep mold at hold.
- Daily use of antibacterial cleanser. Clean the sink regularly. Clean the refrigerator periodically.
- Throw away spoiled food. Spoiled fruit and vegetables are a breeding ground of molds. That is why it is better that you should be cleaning your food storage and leftovers every day. The best way to avoid molds on food is to prevent food from rotting.
- Clean appliances after use. Make cleaning your appliances your every day routine after each use. Some kitchen appliances can be easily wiped and washed. To prevent mold on your kitchen appliances, ensure that they are dried after cleaning and before putting them away.
There is no one-size-fits-all solution when it comes to mold prevention. Knowing what works for your climate and your home is the first and most important step.
If you are still confused and are looking for a Naples kitchen remodeling contractor, there is one available in Florida. Expert Restoration & Cleaning Services is the company that you should remember. It specializes in bathroom and kitchen remodeling for homes in Southwest Florida. We are the best kitchen remodeling in Naples, FL. Also, you can trust us for Naples mold damage remediation. Our professional team will guide you from the design to the implementation process. Contact us now! 239- 641-9953.