The Sunshine State basks under the sun all year long, but it doesn’t mean that it doesn’t have seasons!
Spring, for instance, offers the best weather for Floridians before the hot summer months. Winter is almost over, and as you do your cleaning and prepare for spring, check these energy-saving tips we have compiled for you. Springtime gives cool nights and warm days, but it can get hot! Make sure that only the temperature gets high, and not your electric bill.
- Tune-up for your A/C. Hotter temperatures mean harder work for your air-conditioning unit. Doing system maintenance will not only clean your A/C but also make it work properly and efficiently, and therefore enable energy savings. Simple things like changing the air filter can be done alone; you can hire expert HVAC technicians to do the harder parts of the routine maintenance for you since they are well-experienced in the job and can thereby make the process quicker and more efficient.
- Seal cracks and openings. Airflow loss through broken ducts or random cracks can lead to a high electric bill. Seal these gaps to prevent air leaks as well as keep the warm air out.
- Use your thermostat efficiently. During warmer weather, bear in mind to program your thermostat to a higher setting, ideally at 78 degrees. This cuts off about 6 to 8 percent of your energy costs. If you wish to control your home’s temperature settings while you’re away, you can try investing in a programmable thermostat.
- Open the windows. You can try turning off your A/C during the day and make use of natural ventilation by opening your windows strategically to create the perfect cross breeze. This trick could also help cool you down during the nights.
- Utilize your ceiling fans. Ceiling fans cool your body down by circulating the air inside a room. This would keep you comfortable even without turning on the air-conditioner, thus saving you money.
- Exploit the sunlight. Keep the lights off during the daytime by allowing sunshine to enter your home. You should avoid direct sunlight as this could cause your home to get hotter. Find a spot where you can let an indirect beam in to illuminate your space.
- Do cooking outside. Doing your cooking in the kitchen can increase the temperature by a few degrees. To avoid heating your home, stay out of the kitchen and do some outdoor grilling.
Springtime in Florida can also get hot, so it’s better to keep a few tips in mind! If you’re already starting your spring preparations and need professional help, Expert Restoration & Cleaning Services, Inc. offers professional cleaning, damage restoration, and remodeling services in Southwest Florida. We uphold quality workmanship in every job we are tasked to do and deliver only the best results. For carpet cleaning in Naples, FL, and other services, contact us today at 239-641-9953.