When preparing your home for hurricane season in Naples, FL it’s important to have all of your bases covered. We know it can be overwhelming but it is better to be prepared as early and thoroughly as possible. By being proactive and preparing your home, you are setting yourself up for the most success in protecting your family and your home against a hurricane. Your home might be in danger of getting water damage in Naples, FL this hurricane season, which is why it is important to take proactive measures to ensure its safety.
Water Damage and Disaster Restoration Company in Naples, Florida
The damage a hurricane causes can be catastrophic. It’s important to be informed and prepared if you are in the line of a tracking hurricane. At Expert Restoration and Cleaning Services Inc., we do our best to help out in the aftermath of a hurricane making landfall. Many of our techs across all of our offices are trained and prepared to work hard and fast to help restore properties back to order, through our water damage restoration service in Naples, learn more about our services.
Here are some tips that we have compiled to help you protect your biggest investment.
Put up hurricane shutters
- Installing hurricane shutters is a great help in preventing your windows and doors from getting damaged by objects that may be blown off by strong winds, and will thereby save you money from repair and replacement costs.
Clear your yard of loose debris
- Items that can easily be picked up by a hurricane can cause serious damage to your property.
- Garbage cans, scrap wood, fallen branches, and even those branches or trees that may break in the event of a hurricane should be removed.
Secure your outdoor equipment
- Aside from the items that you have in your yard, it is also equally important to secure your outdoor equipment, such as your barbecue grill and patio furniture.
- Wall hangings and other decorations should also be stored inside your home.
- Cover your outdoor fixtures, such as lamps and lights, with suitable and durable materials to prevent breakage.
Clean your gutters
- Clear your gutters of leaves, twigs, and other accumulated debris to ensure that water can flow freely.
- Clogged gutters and downspouts can cause seepage into your walls and create water damage, which is costly and may be difficult to remediate.
Check your insurance
- Before a disaster strikes, it is a good move to check on your homeowner’s insurance and flood insurance.
- Check the particular items or areas that are covered by these so that you can opt to shop for additional insurance for your more important items or for those that aren’t covered by any policy.
For a full list of resources and disaster help available to Florida homeowners and residents, including shelter locations, additional preparedness plans, and links to local emergency management agencies, visit www.floridadisaster.org. Also, visit FEMA.gov or NOAA for additional assistance with hurricane preparedness, emergency alerts, and recovery operations.
Choose The Best Restoration Company in Naples, Florida
Hurricanes are devastating, which is why it is important to prepare ahead. If you’d need help for water damage restoration in Naples, Florida, and its surrounding areas, Expert Restoration & Cleaning Services is the company to trust. We also perform carpet cleaning and odor removal. Expert Restoration & Cleaning Services is also a great choice for bathroom and kitchen remodeling in Southwest Florida. We pay attention to detail and uphold quality workmanship above all. Call us 24/7 at 239-641-9953.